Thursday, September 15, 2005

Life gets a LIFE_ when we Relate, when we Belong

dull n bright, i could see all that. warmth n cold, i could feel all that. right n wrong, i could think all that. i had everything...i had a life.
but that was a secret...unsaid, unheard, untouched, unfelt.
_
it was'nt a big deal. Everyone around, more or less, could also see, could also feel, could also think. i wasnt Unique.
nor could my life make any difference in the world...like making it a better place to live, or whatever.
n so i thought: why unveil it? why share it?...or should i say why exhale it?...why exhale?
you know, i know, its not oxygen anyway.
so, i kept it to myself, unsaid, unheard, untouched, unfelt, untill.....
_
oneday, i exhaled.....spilled out the secret__the not-so-extraordinary, the not-so-substantial, n the quite-blah blah...that i had. adding one more voice to the noise, i spoke...broke the shell, n reached out.
_
they dint hear me n they dint stop. the crowd dint turn around to look at me. But, a Face did...
n as our eyes met; spirits Resonated.....for i Belonged.

9 comments:

twice translated said...

belonging is such a beautiful feeling

S A J Shirazi said...

TT, yes it is.

S A J Shirazi said...

You know what. I consider "belonging" as one of the most important things in life. But where do I belong.

flick said...

@tt:
yess its beautiful, indeed.

@shirazi:
you belong where you connect...at whatever level it is.
this belonging is in parts, in totality its rare.

twice translated said...

shirazi--where do any of us belong? ..you'll find your place. some day, we all will. if it's only for a moment.

reedemer_x said...

Belonging for me is at different levels. A vital part of my life has been belonging to my family, group of frineds and my religion.
Its difficult to describe the belonging I feel with my frineds, its the purest form of loyalty you can imagine. Such loyalty inspires great acts of generosity, kindness and compassion.

S A J Shirazi said...

Belongingin totality is what I keep looking for. Is it asking for the moon?

S A J Shirazi said...

twice translated - does one has to wait for that moment for ever?

flick said...

i havnt seen anyone totally relating to another person, so i dont believe in it.

with some i share my spirits, with some i share my passions, with some i share my vision, n with some i only share some moments of companionship.
every other soul which connects with me, is like a breath of fresh air. n its really a pleasure as long as i can breathe...