Monday, September 26, 2005

travel notes

I had to be in Rawalpindi for the weekend, so last night was spent in a road trip. We usually avoid going through the motorway when the sun's up, because of its being so hot n deserted, but to avoid night traffic, we took it last night. The four hour journey turned out quite good.....speeding on a clear road, with a clear night sky outside, n music inside, it was nice. :) or I may say it was perfect. I wouldnt have mind it at all , if we had to spend the whole night like that. ;)
____________________
I had talked with him in the morning, so he was still on my mind. I had always been telling him, that it wasnt to be wished for. I had told him before...but he dint stop there...
wo rastey sab khamosh they jo
uss bund gali ko jatey they...
.....if only he had listened...I was a dead end.
May be it isnt anything new for him, n probably for me too.
Yess, for me, its another aazmaish...
yet another aazmaish.
And I have to go through this one too.
I dont know why it gets tougher n tougher each time. Each time, someone tries to break into my realm, each time I have to save my soul, each time I survive, then again, to find another ordeal waiting for me, round the next corner.
Im a woman, for God's sake!
...It isnt no steel. it melts.....
n they know, that it does!
_____________________
When will I get Home???
Unscratched, Untouched...Whole hearted...
Will it ever be Delivered???
.....as I spent the whole journey looking out through my window, into the deep blanket of the sky,
I wished...I could wrap it all round myself...
I wished...it could take me into its depths...
I wished...it could hold me tight...all night.

4 comments:

reedemer_x said...

I dont know about anyone else, but for me the aazmaish you are talking about always seemed the most difficult one. Not wealth, not prayer, but the one of temptation is the most diccicult of all tests. When I have fallen, I have always fallen due to this aazmaish.

reedemer_x said...

Almost forgot, welcome to Rawalpindi (and Islamabad). Islamabad my hometown :D

S A J Shirazi said...

I keep banging my head against the walls, like your graphic in the About Me blurb. It does not get me anywhere. Does it help you?

flick said...

@reedemer:
:)
thanks,veseyrawalpindi/isl are more like my second-homes ;)

@shirazi:
banging only does two things; either you get back to your senses,
or just lose it all.
so when theres nothingelse that can be done,
why not give it a chance?