Monday, April 11, 2005

Of the Friend, the Hermit, n Me

the bigger the crowd is getting around me, the more Im turning in to a loner. (I hope no body who knows me there, reads me here). at least for sometime, I can be with myself, I can even cry, while no ones watching :D
Past few days have been like out of a soap opera :D n how much I hate it, I know. The sane me hardly ever lets out that tragedy queen inside. Though I get involved in every moment, n every thought. These days Im just reading , listening, feeling, which obviously means an overdose of peotry, thoughts n ghazals. 8) Im just chewing over random stuff. cant get my energies to work. Im just so drained, so quiet. Also, I dont want "them" to know this hermit, so better get over it soon. ;)
"I and Me are always two earnestly in conversation with one another: how could it be endured, if there were not a friend?

For the hermit the friend is always the third person: the third person is the cork that prevents the conversation of the other two from sinking to the depths.

Alas, for all hermits there are too many depths. That is why they long so much for a friend and for his heights.

our faith in others betrays wherein we would dearly like to have faith in ourselves. Our longing for a friend is our betrayer."

(from: Of The Friend, Zarathustra's Discourses, by F. Nietzsche)

4 comments:

Mohib said...

ji ji ji.

Nietzsche rocks.

You would be surprised to know that he was the early ideological influence on Ayn Rand (The Fountainhead waali) and our own Allama Iqbal.

Hitler also used his theories to justify his superior race BS.

In the end, he was like any other Sufi. At peace with himself and with the world. People say he went mad in his last days, I think he was just a majzoob.

Anyways, keep reading and keep sharing.

Best.

Mohib

Kat said...

intresting!

Vaqas said...

read it like Italian

Interesting

hehe

flick said...

mohib:
:) thanks mohib for all the valuable info. Im sorry I usually tend to miss that. but,as long as you r here, I guess no worries ;). thanx again :)
vaqas:
u read it like italian? :-S hmmm...
;) :D